Q+A with Ingrid Silva
1) Can you tell us a bit about yourself- what you do and how did you get started?
I was born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. One of the most tropical and gorgeous places in the world. I started dancing when I was 8 years old. Ballet came into my life and made me fall in love with the art form. My first ballet class was at Dancando para Nao dancar. I had the opportunity to come to New York and dance at Dance Theatre of Harlem. It has now been 8 years and my professional career has been full of growth and amazing experiences.
2) What inspires your personal style and fashion?
My style is inspired by how I feel, the weather and what is new and exciting in fashion.
3) Favorite thing about dance?
I love inspiring others to dance and the look and the energy of the audience. When I'm dancing I think "How can I change their lives just by watching a performance?"
4) What are some of your key go-to fashion pieces for 2016 you cannot live without?
My comfy Nike tennis shoes my fiancé gave to me. Being a dancer you have to comfortable! I also love my Ray-Ban glasses and a pair of comfy heels.
5) Favorite spring/summer accessory?
I love summer fashions! I like to pair a summer dress with sandals, and sunglasses.