Reporting to VP of Brand Partnerships + Engagement
ABLE is a women-run brand moving fashion forward. We approach ethical fashion differently — through both our product & our purpose. We make leather bags, jewelry, clothing, and shoes — sustainably designed, timeless pieces, with the perfect balance of style and function. And our purpose is empowering women, both locally and globally, by creating jobs with dignity. As you invest thoughtfully in your closet, you also invest in the women who made your products. Your purchase is her opportunity.
About the Story Manager
This is a new role for our team. While story has always been core to our brand, we need somebody to own how it impacts every part of our business. The ideal candidate is someone who is nothing short of obsessed with our mission and loves finding a way for storytelling to be a part of every step of the customer journey. You can easily put yourself in the shoes of our customer and know how to motivate and inspire her. Every meeting you attend, you will act as the “story advocate” -- while each team member has their own priority, YOU will always ask the questions: “what is the story here?” and “how are we empowering our customers to tell our story?”.
What you’ll do:
- Align communications across all channels - from online to wholesale to our own brick and mortar
- Develop and execute integrated communications campaigns that are focused on mission-driven content
- Create a reporting system to analyze success of story content
- Collaborate with creative team to guarantee story is integrated into all consumer-facing assets
- Become an expert on ABLE’s brand, messaging, and target customer
- Collaborate with the Copywriter and Communications team to align on overall brand voice.
- Create a Brand Book for the company to adhere to
- Stay up to date on ethical fashion, social impact, and digital marketing trends
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years experience in brand marketing, copywriting, or other relevant role
- A forward-thinking mindset with the ability to adapt and be flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to articulate compelling narratives
- History of analyzing KPIs and measuring success of your campaigns
- A collaborative mindset, and a passion for bringing story to life across multiple channels and platforms
*this role will start as 25-30 hours/week, with the opportunity to move into full-timeTo apply, submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a “Brand Story Assessment” PDF - include what you think is strongest about the current ABLE story as well as three suggestions for improvement (up to 500 words).