The Product Developer is responsible for delivering a collection consistent with design intent and quality, while meeting the business requirements for margins, quality and timeliness.
- Collaborates cross-functionally with Design, Marketing, Merchants and Production
Drives the sampling and production process to ensure on time delivery
• Owns factory allocation for sampling and production
- Manages creation of sample specs, tech packs and corrections
- Partners with Technical Designer to communicate prototype corrections and approvals.
- Works with Merchant on costing and price negotiation to drive margin targets
- Communicates daily with overseas offices, factories and suppliers
- Attends and organizes sample reviews
- Manages overlapping seasonal deliverables
- Manages seasonal pre-production calendar and schedules milestone meetings
- Coordinates with Factories to manage spec and correction turnover within calendar to ensure timeliness in prototypes, SMS, and confirmation samples
- Monitors calendar daily and involves management when delays jeopardize milestones.
• Tracks approvals and procurement for raw materials and hardware
- Monitors, tracks and reports on all requested prototypes and SMS
- Maintains line tracking documents
- Organizes and maintains material standards and component archive
- Ensures PDM is up-to-date at all times, according to development calendar.
Required Skills & Experience
• Strong understanding of costing and production lead times
- Ability to evaluate and change priorities on an as-needed basis
Excellent communication and project management skills
• High level of organizational skills, including detail orientation and follow-up
• Proven ability to bring product to market in a timely cost effective manner
• Capacity to analyze, compile and manage highly detailed data
• Creative, innovative problem solver with the ability to anticipate potential issues
- PDM/PLM software knowledge is a huge plus
Competencies: Collaborative, Self-Motivated, Organized, Time Management/Follow Through
Interested applicants should submit their resume to email@example.com. Please include your name and "Fulfillment Associate" in the subject line.
Along with your resume, you may also provide any additional documentation that helps explain your relevant experience, qualifications, and specific interest in working at ABLE.
The job will be based in Nashville, TN.
Note: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our appreciation for your interest. ABLE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.