PRODUCT DESIGN ASSISTANT
ABLE is seeking a Design Assistant to join our in-house product team. The ideal candidate will have specific experience in Apparel or Accessories and the desire to work in a mission-forward, fast paced, retail environment. They will facilitate the design & development of all product categories, communicating with factories daily, measuring samples, attending all fittings, and managing tech packs. A person with strong communication skills, attention to detail, and organization will thrive in this position. This is a permanent full time role for a candidate who truly understands the industry standard product development lifecycle as well as being a highly organized candidate who can thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Apparel and Denim
- Photographs on model and dress form for tech packs and weekly fittings
- Measures all proto + production samples
- Assist with development of initial tech packs
Leather and Footwear
- Attend footwear fittings with designer, taking notes and assisting with sending comments
- Photographs leather & footwear protos for tech pack updates and feedback
- Measure and confirm specs on all leather protos and production samples
- Field customer service questions
- Assist with Illustrator CADS + renderings including updates to colorways throughout the season
- Maintains Visual Line Sheet in tandem with sourcing
- Assist in tech pack creation in PLM
- Day to day vendor communication with department leads
- Assist with meeting preparation alongside design team
- Tracks and organizes packages from factories
- Maintains material library, proto library and reference samples
- Create and update meeting docs as throughout the season for line reviews, wholesale and marketing milestones
- Input new data and maintain information into PLM ensuring all styles and materials are up to date
- PLM data entry, reports & BOMs
- Liaise with Warehouse QC team
- Hindsight doc execution
- Manage expired development samples and prep items for warehouse sale
- Assist and partner with the design category leads on overall execution of seasonal collections.
- Work with design and marketing to build out product descriptions for website
- Provide support to customer service for product specific questions.
- Supports PD & Wholesale in special make sample process
- Knowledge of apparel construction/fabric and technical design skills.
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- High level of organizational skills, including detail orientation and follow up
- Proven ability to bring product to market in a timely cost effective manner
- Creative, innovative problem solver with the ability to anticipate potential issues
Competencies: Collaborative, Self-motivated, Organized, Time Management.
To apply, email email@example.com with your resume & cover letter