Product Developer - Leather Goods
The Product Developer is responsible for delivering a collection consistent with Design's intent, while meeting the business requirements for margins, quality and timeliness.
- Collaborates cross functionally with Design, Marketing, Merchants and Production
- Drives the sampling and production process to ensure on time delivery
- Owns factory allocation for sampling and production
- Manages creation of sample specs, tech packs and corrections
- Partners with Technical Designer to communicate prototype corrections and approvals.
- Works with Merchant on costing and price negotiation to drive margin targets
- Communicates daily with overseas offices, factories and suppliers
- Attends and organizes sample reviews
- Manages overlapping seasonal deliverables
- Manages seasonal preproduction calendar and schedules milestone meetings
- Coordinates with Factories to manage spec and correction turnover within calendar to ensure timeliness in prototypes, SMS, and confirmation samples
- Monitors calendar daily and involves management when delays jeopardize milestones.
- Tracks approvals and procurement for raw materials and hardware
- Monitors, tracks and reports on all requested prototypes and SMS
- Maintains line tracking documents
- Organizes and maintains material standards and component archive
- Ensures PDM is up to date at all times, according to development calendar.
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong understanding of costing and production lead times
- Ability to evaluate and change priorities on an as needed basis
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- High level of organizational skills, including detail orientation and followup
- Proven ability to bring product to market in a timely cost effective manner
- Capacity to analyze, compile and manage highly detailed data
- Creative, innovative problem solver with the ability to anticipate potential issues
- PDM/PLM software knowledge is a huge plus
Collaborative, SelfMotivated, Organized, Time Management/Follow Through